Welcome to Thunderbird District's Boy Scout/Venturing/Varsity Roundtable Page!
Roundtables normally meet the Second Thursday of the month from 7:30 – 8:30 PM - Location: Trinity Green Trails - 2701 Maple Ave, Lisle, IL 60532 (NEW Location)
Thursday, Apr 11, 2019 7:30 – 8:30 PM - Trinity Green Trails - 2701 Maple Ave, Lisle, IL 60532 (NEW Location)
Please join us at the Cub Scout or Boy Scout Roundtables. / Order of the Arrow Members - The next Thunderbird OA chapter meeting will at same location as roundtables. All OA members are welcome to attend the chapter meetings! Check for details on the Thunderbird District OA Chapter page.
Our goal at Roundtable is to share great information that helps keep our Scouts heavily involved in the program.
Upcoming Dates: 2019 - Apr 11 / May 9 /
As promised, here are the electronic copies of the handouts Senior Ranger, Michael Shannon of the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County brought to our March 8th Roundtable. Enjoy!
Do you have a question or an idea for a topic or a suggestion to improve how we can serve your needs better? Contact any one of your roundtable staff members.
- Roundtable Commissioner - Kathleen Buettner
Useful HANDOUTS from Roundtables Past
Below are some useful Roundtable handouts that people from Roundtables have requested. Feel free to downoad any of these for your use.
Boy Scout / Venturing Roundtable Responsibilities
Your Boy Scout Roundtable Staff (Commissioner and volunteer staff) organizes and hosts monthly Boy Scout/Venturing Crew Roundtable meetings for Troop/Team/Crew adult leaders, committee members, and interested parents. Meetings take a variety of formats (demonstrations, panels, outside speakers, presentations, etc.) Roundtables may be held inside or outdoors. We’ll help you offer a better program for the youth in your unit(s) by providing timely information, effective tools, and fresh ideas for you to use.
- Provide supplemental materials and instructions to prepare Troops, Teams, and Crews for District Scouting events.
- Contact and information/ideas exchange with other unit leaders and resources in the District and Council.
- Provide an open forum to address common unit needs and issues.
- Present awards to Adult Scout Leaders of Troops, Teams, and Crews.
- Got a Crew? Periodic breakout groups will allow you to explore issues specific to an older boy unit. Get the right help, right here, right now!
- Provide news and advance details on upcoming District and Council events ranging from the latest awards and advancement opportunities to Summer Camp.
- Unit mail delivery of all important documents and event fliers needed to run a unit successfully.
You need to participate to make roundtables a success!