Cub Scout Fishing Event - Oct 6
2018 Whalon Lake Day One Event - FLIER -
All new Cub Scouts and their families who join the Scouting program this fall are welcome to come to a morning of fishing fun!
- Date: Saturday, October 6, 2018 Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, arrive and depart at any time
- Location: Whalon Lake Forest Preserve, corner of Royce Road and Lisson Road, Naperville
- Event Information: This event provides new Cub Scouts and their families with an opportunity to learn to fish. BSA Fishing Merit Badge instructors will be on site to help teach Scouts and parents how to bait, cast, handle and release any fish caught. Bait will be provided. We will have a limited number of poles available for Scouts to use; please bring your own pole if possible. There will also be some games available to Scouts and siblings. Note: there will not be any shooting sports at this Day One event location. New Cub Scouts will receive a Day One patch.
- Fishing License Requirement: Youth under the age of 16 do not need a license. All other persons age 16 or older who hold a pole with a line in the water must have a valid State of Illinois Fishing License. Licenses will not be sold on site.
- Registration: Please register at www.threefirescouncil.org . The event cost is $10 for each new Cub Scout and includes the Scout’s family.
- If this date and location is not convenient for you, check out the many other options on the registration link above.