Boy Scout Crime Prevention - Merit Badge Workshop
Wednesday, February 7th, 2018 and Wednesday, February 28th, 2018 / 6:30-8:00 p.m. - FLIER WITH INFORMATION
Naperville Police Department - 1350 Aurora Avenue, Naperville, IL
*Participants must attend both sessions in order to earn the badge* / All requirements for the badge will be completed on those two dates, except for the following requirements that will be given as homework on February 7th to be completed and then returned on February 28th. We will be discussing how to do the following during the 1st session, so please do not complete the below requirements before then.
- Prepare a notebook of newspaper and other clippings that address crime and crime prevention efforts in your community.
- After doing EACH of the following, discuss with your counselor what you have learned:
- Inspect your neighborhood for opportunities that may lead to crime. Learn how to do a crime prevention survey.
- Using the checklist in this pamphlet, (the Merit Badge Book) conduct a security survey of your home and discuss the results with your family.
- Help raise awareness about one school safety issue facing students by doing ONE of the following:
- Create a poster for display on a school bulletin board.
- With permission from school officials, create a page long public service announcement that could be read over the public address system at school or posted on the school's Web site.
- Make a presentation to a group such as a Cub Scout den that addresses the issue.
These workshops are limited to Scouts in the Naperville area &/or the Thunderbird or Indian Prairie Districts of the Three Fires Council, BSA