Welcome to the Thunderbird District! We serve Lisle, Woodridge & Naperville (School District 203), Illinois, and are part of the Boy Scouts of America, Three Fires Council #127.
We welcome Tyler Hintz our new District Executive. Please give him a WARM 'Thunderbird WELCOME' when you meet him!
Wood Badge is an advanced training course designed to meet the advanced leadership needs of all Scouters, and to revitalize their commitment to fulfill the vision & mission of Scouting for the youth that they serve.
2015 Wood Badge Course
- Annual Health & Medical Record - link to the BSA National site. Parts A, B, C are REQUIRED.
- Uniform Inspection Sheet - Male & Female Leader Uniforming
- Precourse Personal Assessment - To be completed by the participants before the course begins.
- Wood Badge Scholarship Application - To request financial assistance
- Personal Resource Questionnaire - To be filled out before the course.
- August 2, 2015 (Sunday 1pm - 4pm) Course Orientation
- August 21-23, 2015 (Friday 7am - Sunday 5pm - 3 full days) Part 1 of the Course
- September 18-20, 2015 (Friday 7am - Sunday 4pm - 3 full days) Part 2 of the Course
All sessions will be held at Camp Big Timber, 37W955 Big Timber Road in Elgin, IL.
Harry Stout - 2015 Wood Badge Course Director / Ron Smith - 2015 Asst Course Director
2015 Jamborall – Ignite the Adventure
October 2-4, 2015 | Sandwich Fairgrounds | 1401 Suydam Road, Sandwich, IL 60548
Mark your calendars and join the fun! Jamborall is a weekend of FUN and excitement for you and your unit or family. Enjoy a weekend of camping and fellowship or come for the day. There will be hundreds of interactive displays, activities and events of interest to Scouts and Scouters of all ages & program levels. Enjoy all 7 program areas (Zones) of FUN activities. Event Zones include: Shooting Sports, Patriot Zone, Outdoor Skills, Tougher Than a Boy Scout, Abilities Awareness, Adventure Zone & Tech Zone. Saturday evening offers a HUGE stage show followed by fireworks! Read MORE on the Jamborall Page of the TFC website. Registration is OPEN, so reserve your spot NOW!
TRAILBLAZER DAY CAMP - Von Oven Scout Reservation - 701 S West St., Naperville - Each day, skilled staff members lead Scouts on adventure-filled conquests in the great outdoors. Thanks STAFF, for a GREAT TIME AT THE TRAILBLAZER CUB CAMPS!
• Week 1 - June 8-12 (M-F) - VIEW PHOTOS OF WEEK #1
• Week 2 - June 15-19 (M-F) VIEW PHOTOS OF WEEK #2
• Week 3 - June 22-26 (M-F) VIEW PHOTOS OF WEEK #3
• Trailblazer Webelos Days - July 9-11 (Th-Sat) VIEW PHOTOS OF WEBELOS DAYS
The Silver Beaver Award is the highest council-level distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America acting through the National Court of Honor. The Three Fires Council is proud to announce its 2014 Silver Beaver recipients, who received this honor at the Annual Council Recognition Banquet on Thursday, June 18, 2015 at Hotel Arista, Naperville.
2014 Silver Beaver Award Recipients: Jason Ball – Thunderbird / Karen Ball – Thunderbird / Lawrence Gallagher - Thunderbird / Sandra Cord – Potawatomi Trails / William Doody – Maramech Hill / MaryAnn Grygiel – Northern Trail / Mike Nowak – Shabbona / Linda Potvin – Maramech Hill
View photos of this event in our TFC Recognition Banquet Album