JUST A REMINDER! IF YOU MISSED THE CHARTER TURN-IN, the TBird Commissioners will be following up with you to assist in getting them in.
OR: Contact one of the TBird Commissioner Team and we will come to you for you charter turn-in. DO NOT bring your charters to either of the Scout shops. They must go through the Commissioner Team, and this will delay them in getting processed!
Welcome to the Thunderbird District! We serve Lisle, Woodridge & Naperville (School District 203), Illinois, and are part of the Boy Scouts of America, Three Fires Council #127.
Chanonee & Thunderbird Klondike Derby 2019 "Fortunes of War" Registration coming soon / Flier with Info
The annual Klondike Derby will be held again this year at Cantigny Park in Wheaton on Saturday February 2, 2019. 9am to 4pm. Boy Scout Troops will also have the opportunity to camp at Cantigny Friday and/or Saturday nights for no extra charge. This event is open to all Troops, Crews and Webelos Dens.
BIGGER and BETTER! ENHANCED ACTIVITIES! There will be 10 or more stations to visit to test your preparedness and Scout skills, plus FUN events! Enjoy parking close to the events and heated rest rooms! Hot lunch served to everyone. Cost is $10/person. All Scouts are asked to bring a can of soup to this event which can be turned in at registration. Registration is online this year!
Northern Tier will offer a lottery for 2020 summer reservations and 2019-2020 Okpik winter reservations. The registration for the lottery will open Tuesday January 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM and remain open until Tuesday January 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
• Entry into the lottery will open at 9:00 am CST on Tuesday January 8 and will close at 5:00 pm CST Tuesday January 15.
• Enter the lottery online at www.ntier.org.
• Crews selected for a Northern Tier Trek will be notified by email by Feb 1, 2019.
• Crews selected in the lottery will need to submit their $800 per crew deposit by Feb 22, 2019.
• Any crews not selected will be notified by Feb 1 and a list of alternate dates will be provided.
• Available trips after lottery will be opened on a first-come, first-served basis on Feb 15, 2019.
• Only one entry per unit will be accepted. If there are duplicate entries for a unit, those entries will be discarded. Please designate only one individual to make a lottery entry.
• Additional details may be found at www.ntier.org/lottery
What is Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is the premier adult training program of the Boy Scouts of America. It teaches contemporary leadership and team development skills in an outdoor setting. Its purpose is to aid Scouters in providing a quality program that will enable Scouts to grow to their greatest potential. The course encompasses key concepts of management skills, from leaders in the management field; therefore, this course can be helpful not only in your Scouting job, but also in your career, personal and religious life.
550 Scouts & Scouters enjoyed a day of training & fellowship at Sycamore High School on Saturday, Nov 10, 2018 at the Three Fires Council's Training Academy. View photos of this huge event in the 2018 Training Academy Album! Thanks to all the wonderful staff, youth and adult participants, vendors and all who made this day of training a success.